Title: Associate General Counsel
Department: Legal & Regulatory
Reports to: General Counsel & VP, Regulatory
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2021
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX, Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
The Associate General Counsel will provide Key Capture Energy (“KCE”) with legal advice regarding all aspects of battery energy storage system project development, construction, and operation including serving as lead counsel on transactional matters, managing outside legal consultants, and determining how changes in the law may impact KCE’s business.
- Advise in-house clients regarding a diversity of matters, including transactional, litigation, and corporate concerns.
- Draft, edit, and negotiate agreements of all types, including but not limited to supply, construction, and offtake agreements, working together with in-house clients.
- Manage outside legal counsel regarding all aspects of KCE’s business, including but not limited to, corporate, construction, operation, sale, acquisition, and financing.
- Assess risk at all stages of projects from pre-bid to close-out and help find and create solutions for mitigating and managing risk for projects.
- Develop and manage corporate policies in tandem with General Counsel & VP, Regulatory.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar association.
- 7+ years of practice with a leading law firm and/or in-house in a similar position.
- Knowledge of procurement and construction-related legal matters.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and working on project teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through to completion.
- Ability to identify and assess business opportunities and threats.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.