Title: CAD Intern
Reports to: GIS Project Manager
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: November 4th, 2021
Location: Albany, NY
Key Capture Energy is currently seeking a student assistant with experience in Computer-Aided Design Systems (CAD) to work with our Development Team under the direct supervision of our GIS Project Manager.
At Key Capture Energy, our interns are highly valued. Each student assistant we bring on board becomes an integral part of our team, which consists of diverse experts who work to promote a clean energy economy. This internship is a rare opportunity to gain career-making CAD experience and training as well as advanced exposure to the Energy Sector.
- Work with our engineering team on layouts and engineering considerations
- Create 2D computer models of buildings and machine parts from spec sheets or from scratch
- Create maps and layouts
- Produce GIS maps and respond to GIS requests
- Assist in prospecting and development projects
- Assist in Energy Sector research
- Be able to understand and interpret land surveys and engineering designs
- Assist team and project leads as directed
- Interact effectively in-person, by electronic communication and by telephone
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or certificate in Engineering, technical writing, or other CAD related field.
- General knowledge of electrical design
- Preferred experience in CAD and AutoCAD.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.