Purpose of this position is to manage the full lifecycle of request for proposals (RFP) and requests for information (RFI) for standalone energy storage systems. A successful candidate will be adept at monitoring the timing of RFP and RFI releases, analyzing each opportunity to help KCE management decide whether to participate, working with internal stakeholders in drafting and finalizing a response, gaining KCE management approval for each response prior to submitting, and leading commercial negotiations to contract any opportunities KCE is awarded.
- Review and evaluate requests for battery energy storage (RFPs/RFIs) from utility, states, and other governmental agencies. Maintain a comprehensive database of past, current, and future opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with utility and state agency executives and their staff in KCE’s targeted markets.
- Communicate directly with lead utility and state agency contacts to gain an understanding of business needs and propose solutions and/or deal structures that solve or mitigate those risks.
- Negotiate, prepare, and close all deal related documents with utility clients, including term sheets, enabling agreements and all other documentation.
- As RFP team lead, you will coordinate with internal departments involved in the transaction including Development, Construction, Analytics, Market Operations, Regulatory and Legal to guide and support the internal vetting process.
- Presents transaction to KCE management team when seeking approval of the proposed deal structure.
- Keep abreast on market incentives including broader regulatory and public policy considerations affecting battery incentives.
- Research RFP prospects and processes in markets KCE’s is not actively pursuing to determine other market opportunities and provide that market intelligence to the KCE management team.
- Maintain a comprehensive internal database to enable rapid and efficient drafting of RFP/RFI responses.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project) as well as cloud-based platforms (Box, Slack, SmartSheet).
- Strong writer, adept in rapidly drafting both quantitative and qualitative material.
- Strong presenter, able to represent KCE confidently to a variety of counterparties.
- Understanding of U.S. power markets
- Knowledge of state level regulatory agencies and interest groups relevant to energy storage. Experience actively participating in regulatory processes a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, and electrical engineering a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and commercial issues.
- Strong team player, with ability to coordinate, lead, and take direction.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.