Title: Controls Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director of Controls and Systems Engineering
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2022
Location: Albany, NY or Remote
Key Capture Energy is seeking a Controls Engineering Manager will provide technical leadership within a cross functional team to develop, implement, test, and deploy control systems for grid connected energy storage in a variety of applications and use cases including Stand-Alone, Thermal hybrids, and Solar PV hybrids.
- Act as the engineering team’s subject matter expert for energy storage controls.
- Determine controls requirements for different applications, markets and use case including stand-alone and renewable hybrid type applications.
- Develop, validate, and implement control systems for utility scale grid connected energy storage systems.
- Determine control architecture and design for different applications and uses cases.
- Design, verify and implement new control algorithms utilizing software in the loop and hardware in loop methods and process’.
- Manage and support any modeling requirements in support of grid studies and/or interconnect process’.
- Perform engineering due diligence of any controls design i.e., design trade-off analysis, FMEA, etc.
- Develop documentation to support install, commissioning, training, and operation of controls and related systems.
- Coordinate with other teams to report status, timing and project risk associated with controls deliverables.
- Support regular controls update releases to the field for new feature improvements and fixes
- Support field commissioning and issue resolution associated with controls both remotely and in person.
- Manage and support issue ticketing closure for controls related field issues
- Act as a subject matter expert for controls in New or Merger/Acquisition project contractual reviews
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of industry experience and minimum BS degree in associated field
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink controls design
- Programming language experience Structured Text (IEC 61131-3), Python, C, C++
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols DNP3.0, Modbus, OPC-UA, BACnet, CANbus
- Basic understanding of AC Power
- Knowledge of generation, transmission, and distribution in electric grid systems (preferred)
- Experience with PLC and automation controllers a plus
- Familiar with Agile work practices
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.