Key Capture Energy seeks a development analyst to contribute to the prospecting and development of utility-scale battery energy storage projects throughout the northeastern United States, with potential oversight of other geographies across North America. This job requires a person who can work with several different project managers to coordinate information gathering, GIS data, layouts and environmental reviews.
Direct Reports: 0
Location: Albany, NY
The position requires a range of talents and skills. The list below reflects skills that are sought, but we will consider candidates who have many of those skills and can demonstrate the ability to acquire the other
- Data Management: Procure, manage, analyze, process, convert and display geospatial data (both raster and vector) in various formats. Data sets include land use, land ownership, environmental, transmission and distribution. Assume a lead role in managing storage of and nomenclature for GIS and other data in a manner which facilitates ease of use by technical and non-technical team members.
- Environmental Review: Use GIS and other data to review sites for environmental suitability for locating energy storage projects and identify all environmental risks and potential mitigation measures.
- Permitting: Work with counsel to identify all local, state, and federal permitting requirements, review project data, prepare materials for permitting and outreach, and coordinate with consultants for permitting processes.
- Landowner Outreach: In coordination with the lead developer, prepare exhibits and communications with prospective landowners for lease or purchase of prospect locations.
- Project Layouts: Create draft layouts for use in technical submittals and public settings. Layouts will be based upon relevant permitting requirements, land constraints, and selected energy storage technology.
- Interconnection Support: Assist lead developers with the interconnection study process including preparing interconnect requests, creating project exhibits, and coordinating with consultants.
- Strong experience with Geographic Information Systems; bachelor’s degree in GIS or related field; master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with ESRI, QGIS, or similar program.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar program.
- Experience with organizing large amounts of data for use by a diverse group of skill levels.
- Project management including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project or Smartsheet.
- Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes. Prior legal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental review processes.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, clean energy, markets, and electrical engineering.
- Prior work or academic interest in energy or a technical field; ability to understand and communicate technical issues.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, motivated self-starter, capable of multitasking.
- Comfortable learning and administering new software tools.
- Ability to effectively work within a small team with remote workers.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills.