Title: Development Intern
Reports to: Manager, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 5th, 2021
Location: Houston, TX or Remote
Purpose of this position is to assist Key Capture Energy’s development of Battery Energy Storage Systems in Texas. Specifically, responsibilities include supporting the project development effort within ERCOT. Candidate should be capable of conducting assignments independently and be able to communicate results to other developers effectively. In addition, several assignments may be time sensitive, requiring urgent completion times. Project activities will be monitored based on development milestones and could span from greenfield prospecting to construction-ready activities in support of Key Capture Energy’s project execution objectives. The position may require in-state travel to project locations to meet with landowners, interconnection stakeholders, contractors, and local officials.
- Project Development: activities may involve supporting land acquisition, site permitting, public relations and outreach, electrical interconnection, site engineering, project management and internal team coordination / reporting.
- Project Management: able to understand and contribute to the development steps of efficiently planning and executing the project objective, including project budgeting, activity scheduling, and providing engineering support.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project) as well as cloud-based platforms (Box, Slack, SmartSheet).
- Project management experience including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedule and budgets using project management software.
- Interest in renewable energy, grid-scale energy storage, or power markets.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and commercial issues.
- An inclination to tinker with things.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.