Title: Director, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
Department: Market Operations
Reports to: VP, Market Operations
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Houston, TX, Salt Lake City, UT, or Remote
This Director of AI & ML will be responsible for developing new models and systems to support Key Capture Energy’s (KCE) battery storage facilities, as well as work closely with our software development and market operations analytics team to deploy models to production systems and utilize large-scale datasets for model development and optimization.
- Develop new models and systems to support the economic optimization of a portfolio of battery storage facilities located across the United States, owned by KCE and third-party owned assets.
- Work closely with the software development team to identify and acquire new data necessary to support new models and deploy these models to production systems.
- Work with KCE’s Market Operations analytics team members to utilize existing large-scale datasets for model development and optimize production cost model inputs and assumptions.
- All other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 6+ years of experience applying AI/ML techniques to forecasting problems and deploying solutions to support direct operational outcomes. Prior roles should include significant hands-on experience with typical AI/ML tasks such as feature engineering, feature selection, and hyperparameter tuning.
- Experience working within structured AI/ML software development life cycle processes.
- Familiar with common Python AI/ML libraries (e.g. SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, etc).
- BS or MS in relevant quantitative field (engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or related disciplines).
- Energy market familiarity and battery dispatch optimization experience preferred.
- Experience with design, optimization, and implementation of neural network/convolutional neural network models and hidden Markov models preferred.
- PhD in relevant quantitative field (engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or related disciplines) preferred.
- Experience with Azure and Microsoft SQL Server; experiencing deploying AI/ML models and systems in a cloud environment preferred.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.