Title: Director, Engineering and Construction
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 5
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
Travel: Up to 40%
This directorial position within the construction department is responsible for directing all aspects of engineering, procurement and construction for KCE Projects.
- Direct all aspects of Key Capture Energy Projects, including engineering procurement and construction, overall execution of project engineering and design, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, and safety.
- Develop procurement strategy and participate in negotiations with suppliers and contractors, with specific focus leading Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and contract negotiations.
- Identify resource needs and secure and allocate internal and external resources.
- Identify and recruit members to the growing engineering and construction team.
- Ensure the project team sets, communicates, and carries out goals and schedules with the project team.
- Implement all KCE safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop relationships with contractors, utilities, and key stakeholders.
- Review internal and external weekly and monthly project reports, generated by contractors and site teams.
- Improve and document processes and procedures
- All other duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or corresponding experience
- Record of accomplishment of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
- Minimum of 8+ years in the Construction industry with significant experience preferred in Solar, Wind, Substation, transmission / distribution and / or power generation projects
- Prior work experience in EPC, Electrical or Civil Engineering contractor or Construction firm is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required
- Prior project management experience working for an EPC is preferred
- Very motivated self-starter
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.