Title: Director, Engineering
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 3
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Houston, TX or Albany, NY
Key Capture Energy is seeking a Director of Engineering with an Electrical Engineering degree that will be responsible for all technical work to deliver constructible and financeable Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and hybrid projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications, have experience in the energy sector, and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Manage the development and completion of KCE BESS and hybrid Projects while leading the Engineering Team.
- Develop procedures for and participate in identifying ideal interconnection locations for projects.
- Evaluate potential M&A projects from third parties.
- Develop internal standards for major equipment.
- Develop, review, and oversee all engineering and design of energy storage projects from a technical point of view.
- Initiate, review, and approve the work of consultants on BESS / hybrid projects.
- Manage engineering service contracts.
- Support various KCE teams with project technical specifications.
- Prepare layout drawings, single line diagrams, technical specifications for procurement, tender evaluation, sizing reports, electrical calculations.
- Support Development team with interconnection process and provide deliverables to ISO/TOR or utilities.
- Assist in management of equipment supply contracts for batteries, inverters, transformers, and other long lead time electrical equipment.
- Collaborate with Commercial team in preparation and coordination of proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the Energy Storage industry. Keep organization informed on upcoming changes, and how to factor them into our proposals and contracts.
- Evaluate batteries, inverters, transformers, and other equipment used in BESS / hybrid systems.
- Estimate, with support from construction team, the costs related to the construction of BESS / hybrid systems.
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder.
- Support construction team and contractors during BESS construction.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 7 years’ experience in design of HV, MV and LV electrical systems.
- Background in distribution and transmission system regulations and design.
- Knowledge of grid connection process.
- Understanding of different battery types, and energy management control system design is preferred.
- Must be available for domestic travel for meetings and for on-site support.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Effective verbal and written communication
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.