Title: Director of Engineering and Construction
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: 4
Date Posted: March 11, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
Travel: Up to 40%
This directorial position within the construction department is responsible for directing all aspects of engineering, procurement and construction for KCE Projects.
- Direct all aspects of engineering procurement and construction (EPC) projects, including overall execution of project engineering and design, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, and safety.
- Develop procurement strategy and participate in negotiations with suppliers and contractors, with specific focus leading Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and contract negotiations.
- Identify resource needs and secure and allocate internal and external resources.
- Identify and recruit members to the growing engineering and construction team.
- Ensures the project team sets, communicates, and carries out goals and schedules with the project team.
- Leads and implements the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop relationships with contractors, utilities and key stakeholders.
- Review internal and external weekly and monthly project reports, generated by contractors and site teams.
- Improve and document processes and procedures.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or corresponding experience.
- Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff.
- Minimum of 8+ years in the Construction industry with significant experience preferred in Energy Storage, Solar, Wind, Substation, transmission / distribution and / or power generation projects.
- Prior work experience in EPC, Electrical or Civil Engineering contractor or construction firm is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Prior Project Management experience working for an EPC is preferred.
- Very motivated self-starter.
- Comfortable learning and administering new software tools.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format.