Title: Director of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment
Reports to: Director of Technology
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: September 28th, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
The Director of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment for Key Capture Energy will be responsible for assembling and maintaining a complete safety program for a 50+ employee Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) company. This position has the potential to improve the entire BESS industry regarding safety by leading working groups and increasing safety perspective.
- Develop, implement and maintain a complete safety program for Battery Energy Storage System projects
- Perform battery-related safety tests on KCE BESS projects, including battery short circuit testing and fuse clearing.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with fire protection and code, including the NFPA and IFC.
- Act as point of contact for addressing employee concerns regarding health and safety policy.
- Conduct audits of work practices and processes for potential safety hazards and to ensure compliance with all KCE policies and procedures and reports findings and recommendations to management.
- Inspect work sites and machinery for potential hazards and ensures compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Travel to various project sites and ensure all health and safety protocols are being followed.
- Monitor all incidents and report trends and projections required to set safety goals for each department.
- Develop, implement and monitor compliance with organization’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Ensure that federal, state and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules are observed, and that OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Conduct investigations of workplace accidents, injuries and job site safety and makes recommendations to correct any issues by performing Root Cause Analyses, implementing appropriate corrective actions and ensuring that they are implemented.
- Provide expertise and training to management and employees on issues related to safety.
- Develop training materials that reduce employees’ exposure to hazardous materials and situations.
- Assist with the development of the safety department budget.
- Develop and track key metrics related to safety performance that will proactively help to improve the company as well as the growth of employees.
- Drive safety culture with all aspects of KCE’s assets, offices and sites.
- All other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified electrical operator
- Experience with battery short circuit testing including fuse clearing
- Hands on battery maintenance experience preferred
- Capable of assembling a complete safety program for a small 50+ person company eager to increase its safety perspective
- Desire to influence an industry by leading working groups to improve the entire BESS industry regarding safety
- Knowledgeable in leading a team through a QRA based FMEA, Hazop, and LOPA
- Experience with design, testing, reporting to show compliance to NFPA 855 and IFC 12
- Experience with UL9540A testing and UL9540 listing
- Familiarity with NFPA 70e calculation and methods for DC and AC systems associated with BESS
- Experienced and trained in OSHA for construction and industrial work
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.