Job Title: Director of Nodal Analytics
Department: Market Operations
Reports to: EVP of Market Operations and Development
Direct Reports: 2
Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Location: Houston, TX (preferred); Albany, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; or remote
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION
(The incumbent may be asked to fulfill other responsibilities)
Key Capture Energy is seeking a Director of Nodal Analytics. The Director of Nodal Analytics will be responsible for leading the Key Capture Energy (KCE) Nodal and Strategic Analytics (NASA) team, as both an individual contributor role and as a manager of 2 or more direct reports.
• Manage, train, and mentor team of direct reports running, analyzing, and interpreting power flow and production cost models to drive business decisions.
• Work closely with the KCE Development and GIS teams to support the identification of optimal locations for future Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) through forward production cost modeling, steady state power flow analysis, and other analytical tools. Ensure KCE tracks changes in transmission planning and capacity expansion. Provide strategic guidance to KCE Development team on long-term nodal market trends.
• Work with KCE’s Director of Optimization and Optimization team members to maintain and improve KCE’s Real-Time and Day-ahead price forecasting models and their use in KCE’s internally developed market optimization software (MarketCaptureTM).
• Based on results of power flow and production cost models, collaborate with Development team leaders to contribute to siting decisions
• Coordinate with Software Development team to ensure database architecture supports nodal analysis.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• 4+ years of experience in power system modeling (e.g. PLEXOS, Aurora, DAYZER), including congestion or power flow modeling. Preferred experience in reviewing and analyzing deliverability study procedures.
• Familiar with power market fundamentals and forecasting across multiple RTOs, including ERCOT and NYISO.
• 1+ years of experience managing direct reports preferred.
• Bachelor’s in mathematics, economics, engineering or related disciplines. Masters in technical field preferred.
• Experience working in Agile software development environment a plus.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.