Title: Director of Technology
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: February 18th, 2020
Location: Albany, NY (preferred) or Houston, TX
This position reporting directly to the COO will advance, streamline and direct Key Capture Energy’s approach to battery storage technology and integration.
- Direct all aspects of Battery Energy Storage System use-case modeling and technology research in the areas of performance, safety, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, and contractual compliance.
- Translate KCE’s Commercial and Market Operations needs into specific technical requirements for battery performance and procurement requirements.
- Participate in negotiations with battery system integrators and battery manufacturers to ensure system specifications meet KCE’s project needs.
- Design a roadmap for overall industry trends, and internalize to KCE’s entire team where the industry is going.
- Responsible for continued operation and optimization of KCE’s portfolio of active projects.
- Develop relationships with contractors, suppliers, and key stakeholders.
- Improve and document processes and procedures for energy storage technology assessment, installation, and operation.
- Monitor full lifecycle of projects from prospecting through development, construction, and operations and provide feedback to all areas of KCE for continuous improvement.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or other technical field preferred, with MBA and/or advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a track record of solving tough, technical problems.
- Deep technical knowledge of lithium ion batteries and the grid-scale energy storage industry.
- Experience with battery energy storage system components is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure.
- The job may require as much as 35 percent travel, including international travel, and can periodically include weeks with extended work hours.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format.