Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering & Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: February 13th, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
Key Capture Energy is seeking an Electrical Engineer that will be responsible for all technical work to deliver constructible and financeable Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications, have experience in the energy sector, and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse development team.
- Develop procedures for and participate in identifying ideal interconnection locations for projects.
- Develop, review, and oversee all engineering and technical design of energy storage projects.
- Prepare layout drawings, single line diagrams, technical specifications for procurement, tender evaluation, sizing reports, electrical calculations.
- Initiate, review, and approve the work of consultants on BESS projects.
- Support Development team with interconnection process and provide deliverables to IOS or utilities.
- Manage engineering service contracts.
- Assist in management of equipment supply contracts for batteries, inverters, transformers, and other long lead time electrical equipment.
- Collaborate with Development team in preparation and coordination of proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the Energy Storage industry. Keep organization informed on upcoming changes, and how to factor them into our proposals and contracts.
- Evaluation of batteries, inverters, transformers and other equipment used in BESS.
- Estimate, with support from construction team, the costs related to the construction of BESS.
- Support development team in preparing project technical summaries to be submitted to management.
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder.
- Support construction team and contractors during BESS construction.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years’ experience in design of HV, MV and LV electrical systems.
- Background in distribution and transmission system regulations and design.
- Knowledge of grid connection process.
- Understanding of different battery types, and energy management control system design is preferred.
- Must be available for domestic travel for meetings and for on-site support.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Effective verbal and written communication.