Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Department: Finance & Administration
Reports to: Controller
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: December 12, 2022
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
This position within the finance and administration department is responsible for assisting KCE’s Controller in all operational finance duties, including financial reporting, budgeting, ongoing forecasting and other duties as assigned.
- Own the monthly forecasting process for KCE cost center departments.
- Develop and maintain the monthly reporting package for leadership and investors in coordination with the Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Produce Monthly Budget vs Actual variance reports for mgmt.
- Work with budget owners to understand variances, forecasts and run ad hoc reports from financial system when needed
- Assist with creating the annual budget for each upcoming year
- Work with accounting/finance team to implement new Accounting and FP&A software
- Improve work processes to be more efficient and accurate
- Assist with external audit requests
- Assist Controller in all financial duties as needed.
- All other duties as needed.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) required; Quickbooks and/or Netsuite knowledge a plus.
- Experience with the monthly closing process
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, clean energy and markets a plus.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple, high-stakes projects
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.