Title: GIS Intern
Reports to: GIS Project Manager
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: July 7th, 2021
Location: Albany, NY or Remote
Key Capture Energy is currently seeking a student assistant with experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to work with our Development Team under the direct supervision of our GIS project manager for the Fall 2021 semester.
At Key Capture Energy, our interns are highly valued. Each student assistant we bring on board becomes an integral part of our team, which consists of diverse experts who work to promote a clean energy economy. This internship is a rare opportunity to gain career-making GIS experience and training as well as advanced exposure to the Energy Sector.
- Create maps and layouts
- Assist in prospecting and development projects
- Complete various editing functions within GIS software
- Assist in Energy Sector research
- Be able to understand and interpret land surveys and engineering designs
- Assist team and project leads as directed
- Perform spatial and data queries
- Interact effectively in-person, by electronic communication and by telephone
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Certificate, or Master’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field.
- Preferred experience in ArcGIS Desktop editing, ArcGIS ModelBuilder, Python and AutoCAD
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.