Title: Interconnection Engineer
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Houston, TX or Albany, NY
Key Capture Energy is seeking an Interconnection Engineer that will be responsible for all technical work to steer and assure interconnection deliverable completion for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and hybrid projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering software and studies, have experience in the energy sector, and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse team. Hiring up to Lead Engineer level depending on experience.
- Develop, review, and oversee all engineering of energy storage and hybrid projects from an interconnection point of view.
- Lead the interconnection process and support development team in providing deliverables to ISO/RTO and utilities.
- Create and maintain all project model files – RAW, DYR, SEQ, etc.
- Write reports for internal and external stakeholders for review of study results.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the renewables industry. Keep organization informed on upcoming changes, and how to factor them into our proposals and future interconnection.
- Maintain positive working relationship with ISOs/RTOs and utilities as the primary technical liaison for projects.
- Estimate, with support from development team, the costs related to the interconnection process.
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder.
- Support construction team and contractors during BESS / hybrid system construction.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years’ experience in modelling and study of HV and MV systems. Protection / arc flash experience a plus.
- Background in transmission system regulations and grid connection process. ERCOT RARF experience a plus.
- Proficient use of software for dynamic (transient stability) and other studies – PSS/E, PowerWorld, etc. Prior setup and modelling with inverter WECC models a plus.
- Must be available for domestic travel for meetings and for on-site support.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.