Title: Manager, Development
Reports to: Director, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: October 7, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Remote
This manager, development will be responsible for the development of multiple utility scale energy storage projects in the NYISO region. This job requires a person who can act independently to manage internal resources and teams of consultants to advance complex projects and achieve development milestones from greenfield prospecting to construction-ready status in support of Key Capture Energy’s objectives. A successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of the permitting, interconnection, and market frameworks involved in ensuring successful projects. The position requires travel to project locations to meet with landowners, permitting officials, and local officials.
- Land Acquisition: coordinate contract land managers and personally conduct land acquisition duties including identifying prospect sites, researching land ownership, contacting landowners, and preparing and executing necessary paperwork.
- Permitting: research all required permits for selected sites, coordinate with permitting consultants and attorneys to prepare and submit permit applications and other filings, and represent Key Capture at permitting hearings.
- Public Relations and outreach: assess project need and work with project team to draft and carry out public relations activities.
- Electrical Interconnection: coordinate with electrical engineering consultants and work with utilities and independent system operators to file interconnection applications, scope electrical interconnection studies and advance multiple projects through the process towards achieving signed interconnection agreements.
- Regulatory Processes: actively participate in regulatory processes and coordinate with KCE regulatory team to stay abreast with market changes and regulatory concerns which could positively or negatively impact KCE projects.
- Project Management: manage project budgeting, forecasting, invoicing and cost control duties across projects including creating and presenting project scopes, schedules, and budget.
- Resource Management: coordinate project team members (internal and external) using appropriate methods for monitoring and controlling project progress, identify, deploy and manage appropriate consultants and lawyers.
- Internal Coordination: Interface with engineering, legal, finance, procurement, construction, energy marketing and executive team members to accurately define and mitigate project risks and provide concise updates on project status.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven development experience within the NYISO region.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid license to drive an automobile.
- Project management including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedule and budgets using management software such as excel, MS Project and Smartsheet.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
- Experience with GIS software.
- Experience with land acquisition.
- Knowledge of state level regulatory agencies and interest groups relevant to energy storage. Experience actively participating in regulatory processes a plus.
- Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes. Prior legal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, energy markets, and electrical engineering a plus.
- Experience in other states and ISOs a plus.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.