Title: Manager, Operations and Maintenance
Department: Project Operations
Reports to: Director, Project Operations
Direct Reports: 1-3
Date Posted: July 6th, 2022
Location: Houston, TX
Key Capture Energy is seeking an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manager that will be responsible for the safe and reliable operations of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in operations and maintenance, be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications and be able to work collaboratively with diverse development & construction teams across the organization.
- Responsible for the overall reliability, performance and compliance of the Battery Storage assets.
- Ensure optimal BESS availability and state of health (degradation) in relation to use case of Battery Storage projects.
- Coordinate third parties, integrators and manufacturers on required repairs, alarms and defects.
- Manage internal remote monitoring, physical operation and remote control of the Battery Storage projects.
- Play a key role in the company safety program, both ensuring compliance and contributing to the continuous improvement of the program and culture within the organization.
- Develop and improve technical standards, maintenance guidelines and procedures, equipment manuals, outage procedures, operational protocols, environmental procedures, and other documents specifically dedicated to the energy storage business.
- Management of warranties, BESS components, spare parts, 3rd party service providers/contracts and other tasks related to the maintenance and monitoring of the energy storage fleet.
- Participate in the review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFI), Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contracts for manufacturers, O&M providers and vendors.
- Prepare monthly reports for each site within regional area to include availability and LD tracking, among other pertinent information as needed or requested.
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with operational procedures at regional sites.
- Participate in commissioning activities during construction to help ensure success.
- Ensure all training is current and make recommendations for new training opportunities.
- Must be an active problem solver, charting of system performance parameters to identify opportunities to improve plant performance
- Ensure that all cases are entered into Xfracas system, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with consultant engineers and third parties to coordinate SCADA requirements, set points, alarm requirements, battery controller requirements, ensuring timely implementation for commissioning.
- Ability and willingness to spend 8-10 hours driving, as and when required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years of O&M site level experience with HV, MV, and LV systems.
- Solid technical background related to the battery storage or energy sector.
- Good knowledge of hardware and software utilized for the asset monitoring are a plus.
- Proficient use of Office Suite required.
- Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.