Job Title: Manager, Operations and Maintenance
Department: O&M and Technical Services
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 24, 2019
Location: Albany, NY
Key Capture Energy is seeking an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manager that will be responsible for the safe and reliable operations of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in operations and maintenance, be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse development team.
- Responsible for the overall reliability and performance of the Battery Storage assets.
- Ensure optimal BESS availability and state of health (degradation) in relation to use case of Battery Storage projects.
- Coordinate third parties, integrators and manufacturers on required repairs, alarms and defects.
- Manage internal remote monitoring, physical operation and remote control of the Battery Storage projects.
- Develop and improve technical standards, maintenance guidelines and procedures, Equipment Manuals, Outage Procedures, Operational Protocols, environmental procedures, and other documents specifically dedicated to the Energy Storage business.
- Management of warranties, BESS components, spare parts and other tasks related to the maintenance and monitoring of the Energy Storage fleet.
- Participate in the review of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFI), Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for manufacturers, O&M providers and vendors.
- Work with consultant engineers and third parties to coordinate SCADA requirements, set points, alarm requirements, battery controller requirements, ensuring timely implementation for commissioning.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 3 years of O&M site level experience with HV, MV, and LV systems.
- Solid technical background related to the battery storage or energy sector.
- Good knowledge of hardware and software utilized for the asset monitoring are a plus.
- Proficient use of Office Suite required.
- Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business.