Job Title: Manager or Senior Manager, Development — WECC
Reports to: Director, Development
Direct Reports: 0-2
Date Posted: March 27, 2023
Location: Remote (PT or MT preferred) or Houston, TX
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION:
(The incumbent may be asked to fulfill other responsibilities)
This position will be responsible for multiple energy storage projects in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council(“WECC”) region. This job requires a person who can act independently to manage internal resources and teams of consultants to advance complex projects. The experienced professional will achieve development milestones from greenfield prospecting to construction-ready status, as well as diligence and close on project acquisition targets. The position requires travel to project locations to meet with landowners, permitting officials, and local officials.
- Land Acquisition: coordinate contract land managers and personally conduct land acquisition duties including identifying prospect sites, researching land ownership, contacting landowners, and preparing and executing necessary paperwork.
- Permitting: research all required permits for selected sites, coordinate with permitting consultants and attorneys to prepare, and submit permit applications and other filings, and represent Key Capture at permitting hearings.
- Public Relations and Outreach: promote Key Capture’s external facing brand in the WECC. Assess project need and work with project team to draft and carry out public relations activities.
- Electrical Interconnection: coordinate with electrical engineering consultants and work with utilities WECC and California Independent System Operator (“CISO”) employees to file interconnection applications, scope electrical interconnection studies and advance multiple projects through the process towards achieving signed interconnection agreements.
- Commercial: in coordination with other internal teams, cultivate strong relationships with potential customers, prepare and submit RFP responses and support bid shortlisting and contracting processes.
- Project Management: manage project budgeting, forecasting, invoicing and cost control duties across projects including creating and presenting project scopes, schedules, and budget.
- Resource Management: coordinate project team members (internal and external) using appropriate methods for monitoring and controlling project progress, identify, deploy, and manage appropriate consultants and lawyers.
- Internal Coordination: Interface with engineering, legal, finance, procurement, construction, energy marketing and executive team members to accurately define and mitigate project risks and provide concise updates on project status.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven development experience within the WECC region.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid license to drive an automobile.
- Project management including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedule and budgets using management software such as Excel, MS Project and Smartsheet.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with GIS software.
- Experience with land acquisition.
- Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes.
- Legal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, energy markets, and electrical engineering a plus.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.