Title: Manager, Regulatory & Policy Affairs
Department: Legal & Regulatory
Reports to: General Counsel & VP, Regulatory
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2021
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX, Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
Work with KCE’s regulatory, markets, and development teams on energy policy advocacy strategies in target markets to determine how utility regulation, state policies, wholesale market rules, and political developments will impact the organization’s business goals and the energy storage sector as a whole. Responsible for working cross-company to perform detailed energy regulatory and policy analysis and play a crucial role in executing strategies to advance energy storage solutions.
- Lead and execute KCE’s state and energy policy advocacy strategies across target states and markets (may include states in NYISO, ISO-NE, PJM, and MISO).
- Identify opportunities for energy storage based on state policy and utility landscapes.
- Work closely with KCE’s commercial team to issue spot impacts of wholesale and/or state policy on KCE’s business goals.
- Advocate for policy changes in statehouses, state energy offices, and regulatory commissions
- Lead the development and implementation of policy positions and advocacy strategies.
- Identify and work with stakeholders to advance common clean energy interests.
- Participate in industry associations and policy organizations.
- Prepare and deliver external interventions and filings in legislative and regulatory processes.
- Other skills as needed.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of energy policy issues
- Demonstrated experience in project management and working on project teams
- Ability to identify and assess business opportunities and threats
- Excellent communication skills
- Direct experience preparing and delivering testimony to state legislatures, public utility commissions, and/or Independent System Operators
- Experience with stakeholder processes
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.