Job Title: Manager/Sr Manager, Development
Reports to: Senior Director, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: September 2022
Location: Remote (Pacific or Mountain time zones)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION
This development professional will be responsible for multiple projects in the CAISO and WECC regions. This job requires a person who can act independently to manage internal resources and teams of consultants. The successful individual will use initiative to advance complex projects and achieve development milestones from greenfield prospecting & acquisition, to construction-ready status in support of Key Capture Energy’s objectives. The position requires travel to project locations to meet with landowners, permitting officials, and local officials.
- Land Acquisition: work with market operations, commercial, and regulatory teams to identify and vet strategic prospect locations. Coordinate contract land managers and personally conduct land acquisition duties including identifying prospect sites, researching land ownership, contacting landowners, and preparing and executing necessary paperwork.
- Permitting: research all required permits for selected sites, coordinate with permitting consultants and attorneys to prepare and submit permit applications and other filings, and represent Key Capture at permitting hearings.
- Public Relations and outreach: assess project need and work with project team to draft and carry out public relations activities
- Electrical Interconnection: coordinate with electrical engineering consultants and develop strong working relationships with CAISO/WECC and utility personal to file interconnection applications, scope electrical interconnection studies and advance multiple projects through the process towards achieving signed interconnection agreements, all in a timely manner.
- Project Management: manage project budgeting, forecasting, invoicing and cost control duties across projects including creating and presenting project scopes, schedules, and budget.
- Resource Management: coordinate project team members (internal and external) using appropriate methods for monitoring and controlling project progress, identify, deploy and manage appropriate consultants and lawyers.
- Internal Coordination: Interface with engineering, legal, finance, procurement, construction, energy marketing and executive team members to accurately define and mitigate project risks and provide concise updates on project status.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
1. Minimum of two years of proven development experience preferably within the CAISO and/or WECC regions.
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
3. Ability to travel and possess a valid license to drive an automobile.
4. Project management including scooping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedule and budgets using management software such as excel, MS Project and Smartsheet.
5. Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
6. Experience with GIS software.
7. Experience with land acquisition.
8. Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes. Prior legal experience a plus.
9. Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, energy markets, and electrical engineering a plus.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.