Title: Market Operations Analyst
Department: Asset Optimization
Reports to: Director, Asset Optimization
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: March 30, 2020
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX or Salt Lake City, UT
Employees in this role will develop models and analyze data to support the dispatch of large-scale batteries in wholesale power markets, including production cost modeling. This position assists in the development of core algorithms and models to support the origination and asset optimization decisions.
Production Cost Modeling (50% workload)
- Run, maintain, and calibrate production cost modeling software for short-term and long-term forecasting.
- Analyze and transform row-based model outputs into forecasts that inform economic decision making.
- Validate model assumptions and continuously procure high quality data that better tunes modeling.
- Gain a deep understanding of power market fundamentals.
Project Optimization (50% workload)
- Work with other members of the team to develop and automate models forecasting energy and ancillary service prices.
- Review and analyze the performance of price forecast models.
- Develop new quantitative models to solve business problems related to the economics of battery storage.
- Review and incorporate relevant market policies, rules, and other qualitative factors into price forecasts.
- General data analysis of wholesale electricity markets, asset dispatch, and other relevant factors.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic background in mathematics, statistics, economics, or similar field.
- Familiarity with row-based databases and general coding logic.
- Experience with mathematical programming.
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a small team.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.