Title: Market Operations Analyst
Department: Asset Optimization
Reports to: Director, Asset Optimization
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: March 30, 2020
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX or Salt Lake City, UT
Employees in this role will develop models and analyze data to support the dispatch of large-scale batteries in wholesale power markets. This position assists in the development of core algorithms and models to support the origination and asset optimization decisions.
- Work with other members of the team to develop and automate models forecasting energy and ancillary service prices.
- Review and analyze the performance of price forecast models.
- Develop new quantitative models to solve business problems related to the economics of battery storage.
- Review and incorporate relevant market policies, rules, and other qualitative factors into price forecasts.
- General data analysis of wholesale electricity markets, asset dispatch, and other relevant factors.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic background in mathematics, statistics, economics, or similar field.
- Experience with mathematical programming.
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a small team.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.