Title: Market Operations Intern
Department: Market Operations
Reports to: Director, Market Strategy and Operations
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 28th, 2021
Location: Houston, TX
The purpose of this position is to assist the market operations team in optimizing revenues across the Key Capture Energy asset fleet through data science. Responsibilities may include programmatic data-mapping across large datasets, regression analysis, developing mechanisms to establish probability distributions of price forecasts, building a historical forwards pricing model, and VaR (Value at Risk) calculations. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with technical skills to independently run projects from the brainstorm phase through to a final work-product
- Familiarize and improve upon price forecasting, specifically regarding probability distribution of potential price paths based on weather metrics.
- Map datasets from production cost model to GIS to market data.
- Build PowerBI dashboards that transform data into information that inform market decisions.
- Build historical forwards model, brainstorm on systems for position management and VaR reporting.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Rising senior in a 4-year undergraduate program pursuing a degree in: physics, math, engineering, computer science, economics, finance, or related field.
- Excel, exposure to programming.
- Experience working with large data sets a plus
- Interest in clean energy and power markets
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.