Job Title: Intern, Development
Reports to: Senior Manager, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Paid: $18-$20 depending on where you are in your academic studies
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION
(The incumbent may be asked to fulfill other responsibilities)
The purpose of this position is to work on specific energy storage development, overall systems to support development efforts, and additional tasks as required. The development projects will involve work on land acquisitions, permitting with state and local authorities, interconnection studies with regulators, and coordination of consultants for the processes.
- Support energy storage project development efforts.
- Market research of competitors within New York.
- Review project sites for suitability.
- Coordinate and ensure proper legal filings for land acquisition.
- Review and assist in local and state level permitting including environmental assessment.
- Review and assist in electrical interconnection processes with regulators.
- Develop tools and methods to assist in project development efforts.
- Assist with preparation of public materials (PowerPoints, blog posts, LinkedIn posts, etc.)
- Other duties as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet, MS Project, Primavera
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems
- Prior work or academic interest in energy or a technical field; ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Very motivated self-starter
- Comfortable learning and administering new software tools
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.