Title: Operations & Maintenance Manager
Department: O&M and Technical Services
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: February 13th, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
Key Capture Energy is seeking an Operations & Maintenance Manager that will be responsible for the safe and reliable operations of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects across the U.S. and managing the operations department. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in operations, be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse development team.
- Responsible for the overall reliability and performance of the Battery Storage assets.
- Ensure optimal BESS availability and state of health (degradation) in relation to use case of Battery Storage projects.
- Coordinate third parties, integrators and manufacturers on required repairs, alarms and defects.
- Manage internal remote monitoring, physical operation and remote control of the Battery Storage projects.
- Manage company health and safety program with construction team.
- Develop and improve technical standards, maintenance guidelines and procedures, equipment manuals, outage procedures, operational protocols, environmental procedures, and other documents specifically dedicated to the energy storage business.
- Management of warranties, BESS components, spare parts and other tasks related to the maintenance and monitoring of the energy storage fleet.
- Participate in the review of Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFI), Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for manufacturers, O&M providers and vendors.
- Work with consultant engineers and third parties to coordinate SCADA requirements, set points, alarm requirements, battery controller requirements, ensuring timely implementation for commissioning.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years of O&M site level experience with HV, MV, and LV systems.
- Solid technical background related to the battery storage or energy sector.
- Good knowledge of hardware and software utilized for the asset monitoring are a plus.
- Proficient use of Office Suite required.
- Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business.
- Experience managing a small team or network of consultants.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format.