Title: Origination & Power Marketing Associate
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Houston, TX
Travel: Up to 25%
Employees in this role will support the Chief Commercial Officer in all commercial activities for BESS projects, with an emphasis on providing support in power marketing transactions and structuring offtake proposals.
60% – Assist the commercial origination team in structuring offtake proposals including:
- Create internal models and analysis to price a variety of deal structures and market products whereby the output will then be used for the decision-making process.
- Develop structures and analyze pricing inputs to support offers that meet KCE’s financial metrics while being competitive in the marketplace.
- Research utilizing internal and external tools to gain market intel to develop new products, per region, that give KCE a competitive advantage.
- Gather competitive intelligence and conduct competitive analysis of KCE’s pipeline projects.
- Develop a database and manage the storing of bid-related documents and final term sheets.
- Monitor outstanding LCs posted for commercial hedge transactions and keep track of scheduled increases/decreases as well as changing market conditions.
30% – Analyze and evaluate energy market data and formulate customer pitch strategies:
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for customers.
- Identify competitors and potential off takers for priority projects and disseminate market intel with commercial team.
- Read and analyze available data including utility IRPs to identify high priority demand.
- Actively participate and recommend deal structures on customer calls and/or in-person meetings.
5% Customer Outreach in coordination with the CCO:
- Attend industry events to begin networking and building energy contacts.
- Attend industry events to represent KCE and initiate customer relationships that are commercially beneficial.
- Initiate and cold call a targeted group of large commercial customers and begin to cultivate a relationship to see if there are commercial opportunities.
- Begin building a network of contacts by shadowing originators and CCO on customer meetings, lunches and other industry events.
5% – Other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Vast knowledge and experience in modeling and pricing power transactions.
- Deep understanding of U.S. power markets.
- Knowledge of utility-scale energy storage.
- Understanding of project finance, development and asset optimization.
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a small team.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.