Job Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Director, Procurement
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: 01/19/2023
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION:
(The incumbent may be asked to fulfill other responsibilities)
Key Capture Energy (KCE) is seeking a Manager, Procurement – responsible for the project management and execution of procurement activities surrounding the goods, services, equipment, and materials required for the development of battery energy storage systems (BESS), with a focus on BESS and Balance of Plant (BOP) contracts for the company’s 2023-2025 projects.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in Procurement-related Project Management
- Project Management – Day to day tracking of documents, responsibilities, etc. to adhere to process timeline. Lead commercial/technical review and contract negotiation for BESS and BOP contracts. Issue request for proposals (RFP’s), perform bid evaluations, negotiate prices and contracts to include price, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications, and other legal and commercial terms favorable to KCE. Work closely with the engineering, development, construction and operations teams to analyze procurement options that are consistent with established budgets.
- Negotiation – Lead negotiation on pricing, terms, and conditions for Master Service Agreements, and Sourcing Events (RFPs, RFIs, etc.)
- Process Setting– Set process and procurement timelines for Sourcing Events
- Performance Tracking — Arrange, track, and expedite the timely delivery of services, materials, and equipment to meet site expectations, holds self and others accountable for meeting milestones. Works with construction and Operations team to interface with vendors for on Contract Management
- Reporting – Report status updates regularly to construction teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Travel to various locations, both nationally and internationally, for the procurement of battery systems, contract negotiations and all energy storage related items.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible technical, engineering, construction management, or heavy industry procurement experience; energy storage experience, solar or wind a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel both nationally and internationally for battery services, material, equipment, and contracts.
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Knowledge of contracts and price negotiation.
- Extensive knowledge with established, recognized procurement practices.
- Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.