Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Director, Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: January 20th, 2020
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
Key Capture Energy (KCE) is seeking a Procurement Manager that will be responsible for leading the management and execution of procurement activities surrounding all goods, services, equipment, and materials required for the development of battery energy storage systems (BESS). The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in procurement, be knowledgeable in energy storage systems, and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Strategically partner with organizational stakeholders to source and procure services and materials needed for battery energy storage systems.
- Negotiate price terms and conditions with contractors/vendors.
- Lead commercial/technical review and contract negotiation for battery contracts.
- Work closely with the engineering, development, and construction teams to analyze procurement options that are consistent with established budgets.
- Issue request for proposals (RFP’s), perform bid evaluations, negotiate prices and contracts to include price, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications, and other legal and commercial terms favorable to KCE.
- Arrange, track, and expedite the timely delivery of services, materials, and equipment to meet site expectations, holds self and others accountable for meeting milestones.
- Manage relationships with BESS manufacturers and suppliers.
- Establish a process for documenting sourcing activities and inventory of BESS equipment.
- Report status updates regularly to construction teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Track the global and U.S. energy storage markets and monitor technological advances in the industry.
- Travel to various locations, both nationally and internationally, for the procurement of battery systems, contract negotiations and all energy storage related items.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible technical, engineering, construction management, or heavy industry procurement experience; energy storage experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel both nationally and internationally for battery services, material, equipment, and contracts.
- Knowledge of contracts and price negotiation.
- Ability to understand the commercial and technical needs of the Renewable Energy business.
- Ability to source and evaluate bids and proposals including review of procurement documents.
- Extensive knowledge with established, recognized procurement practices.
- Passion for energy storage and drive to become technical expert in this revolutionary business.