Title: Project Contracts Manager
Reports to: VP, Engineering & Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: August 25th, 2021
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX, or Remote
Key Capture Energy (KCE) is seeking a Project Contracts Manager that will be responsible for procurement activities surrounding all goods, services, equipment, and materials required for the development, construction, and operations of battery energy storage systems (BESS). The Project Contracts Manager will be involved in procurement activities with a focus on Commercial and Technical review of contracts. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in procurement and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Day to Day management of EPC Contracts, Supplier Contract, and Construction Contracts.
- Strategically partner with organizational stakeholders to source and procure services and materials needed for development, construction, and operation of battery energy storage systems.
- Negotiate price terms and conditions with contractors/vendors.
- Lead commercial/technical review and contract negotiation for battery and construction contracts.
- Work closely with the engineering, development, technology, and construction teams to analyze procurement options that are consistent with established budgets.
- Issue request for proposals (RFP’s), perform bid evaluations, negotiate prices and contracts to include price, schedule, scope, performance guarantees, specifications, and other legal and commercial terms favorable to KCE.
- Arrange, track, and expedite the timely delivery of services, materials, and equipment to meet site expectations, holds self and others accountable for meeting milestones.
- Report status updates regularly to construction teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 5-7 years of progressively procurement experience; EPC Contracts required, energy storage experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of contracts, strong negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand the commercial and technical needs of the Renewable Energy business.
- Extensive knowledge with established, recognized procurement practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.