Title: Project Controls Associate
Department: Engineering and Construction
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: March 30, 2020
Location: Albany, NY
As a Project Controls Associate, you will be responsible for conducting project cost estimates and scheduling, while conducting overall project management for the Engineering and Construction team.
- Conduct project cost estimations and scheduling.
- Support the Project Management team to provide effective integrated project cost and schedule monitoring, tracking, of budget variance, forecasts, project scheduling of key milestones, and provide cost and schedule reports.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimate, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data for individual projects and for project portfolio within Microsoft Project and other systems / databases and query tools for individual projects and for project portfolio.
- Implement standard cost, schedule and risk management programs, processes and practices to ensure Engineering and Construction projects are performed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams, vendors and stakeholders to complete project analyses by their due date.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate project meetings.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain status & variance reporting and executive dashboards for the financial aspects and schedules for projects.
- All other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in reading, interpreting and managing project and program schedules.
- Experience in project developing project schedules and cost management tools.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history, due to the position requiring driving to company locations, off-site assignments and events.
- Knowledge and experience with electric transmission and distribution systems.
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices, and must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.