Title: Project Developer
Reports to: Director, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: January 13th, 2021
Location: Albany, NY or Houston, TX
This entry level position within the Development department is responsible for supporting the advancement of multiple projects from greenfield to construction-ready status, including site identification, land acquisition, permitting, and interconnection. The successful candidate will become an integral member of project teams by supporting the following:
- Prospecting: conduct desk-based review of proposed development sites, using multiple sources of information.
- Land Acquisition: identify prospect sites, research land ownership, contact landowners, prepare executable paperwork and track previously signed agreements to ensure terms compliance.
- Permitting: create specifications and agreements with consultants to perform site studies; coordinate with internal resources, permitting consultants and attorneys to create and submit permitting documents; support internal and external resources participation in permitting hearings.
- Public Relations and Outreach: work with project teams to research, draft materials, and participate in public relations activities.
- Electrical Interconnection: work with internal and external resources to prepare application filings; monitor existing queue positions to ensure compliance throughout process to signed interconnection agreements.
- Project Coordination and Monitoring: create and update schedules and budgets, create and monitor consultant agreements, coordinate with internal and external project team members to monitor and advance project progress
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel and possess a valid license to drive an automobile.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project or Smartsheet
- Experience with GIS software and or CAD packages
- Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes. Prior legal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, clean energy, markets, and electrical engineering a plus.
- Prior experience with land acquisition and agreements a plus.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.