Title: Regulatory & Policy Intern
Department: Regulatory & Policy Affairs
Reports to: Manager, Market Design
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: March 26th, 2021
Directly support KCE’s Manager, Market Design on research and refinement of energy storage policy positions and recommendations.
- Draft issue briefs, policy position memos, and stock recommendation language for inclusion in regulatory filings.
- Review and distill information from a wide variety of sources including: utility IRPs, utility tariffs and rate schedules, RTO tariffs and business practice documentation, third-party consultant reports, and state- or PUC-commissioned plans and studies.
- Perform research and conduct quantitative analysis on energy storage value streams, benefits, and avoided costs, including: GHG reduction, infrastructure deferral, and capacity cost avoidance.
- Support KCE’s regulatory analysis of entry into new markets based on state policy and utility landscapes.
- Issue spot impacts of state and wholesale market policy on KCE business goals.
- Prepare and deliver internal presentations and written work products.
- Other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in energy policy, economics, or a related field is preferred.
- Must have detailed knowledge of energy markets and policy issues, including wholesale markets, state-jurisdictional markets, and federal energy policy.
- Knowledge or experience with battery storage technology, policy, or markets is highly preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.