Job Title: Senior Manager, Development – ERCOT
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: 2
Date Posted: April 23, 2019
Location: Houston, TX or Albany, NY
As Senior Manager, Development, you will be responsible to lead Key Capture Energy’s energy storage development activities in the ERCOT region. In this position, you will manage a team of direct reports and consultants in prospecting and project development to deliver constructible and financeable projects.
- Manage a team of direct reports, members of a matrixed internal team, and consultants to carry out prospecting and project development of energy storage projects.
- Lead prospecting and development efforts for the ERCOT region. Work with market analysis team to identify strategic prospect locations and manage vetting of locations.
- Direct discussions and negotiations of site control agreements with landowners and manage real estate counsel and land contractors.
- Lead project team in permitting selected sites by coordinating with permitting consultants and attorneys to prepare and submit permit applications and other filings as well as represent Key Capture at permitting hearings.
- Develop strong working relationships with ERCOT and utility personnel. Manage submittal of interconnection applications, required studies, and queue positions to ensure timely execution of interconnection agreements.
- Promote Key Capture’s external facing brand in ERCOT. Manage project team in conducting public relations activities.
- Lead project management: activities including scopes, schedules and budgets.
- Manage project financials including forecasting, invoicing and cost controls.
- Identify, deploy and manage external resources.
- Provides coaching and advice on a broad range of core technical skills, assists others in decision making.
- Identify, deploy and manage appropriate resources, internal and external on a project basis.
- Coordinate with engineering, legal, finance, procurement, construction, energy marketing and executive teams to define and mitigate project risk.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of four (4) years of proven development experience within the ERCOT ISO.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid license to drive an automobile.
- Project management including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedules.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Functional knowledge of management software such as MS Project or Smartsheet
- Experience with GIS software.
- Experience with Land Acquisition
- Knowledge of local and state-level permitting processes. Prior legal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, energy, markets, and electrical engineering a plus.