Title: SCADA Engineer
Reports to: Director of Controls and Systems Engineering
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2022
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX or Remote
Key Capture Energy is seeking a SCADA Engineer that will work with within a cross functional team to develop, implement, test, and deploy SCADA solutions for grid connected energy storage in a variety of applications and use cases including Stand-Alone, Thermal hybrids, and Solar hybrids.
- Design, configure and support SCADA and HMIs for operation of Energy Storage Control Systems
- Develop and manage server specifications, deployment including physical and virtualized systems Manage onsite data recording, retention, and database management needs.
- Perform engineering due diligence of any SCADA design i.e., design trade-off analysis, FMEA, etc.
- Work with other teams within the business to develop and determine the data collection needs to support overall business objectives.
- Deliver project documentation including commissioning instructions, operator manuals and training material.
- Determine architecture and solution to coordinate local onsite SCADA with a centralized SCADA system to enable remote operations center capabilities
- Support on-site commissioning, installation, and training for operators
- Work with field and system operators to collect voice of customer requirements to improve usability of SCADA
- Support regular HMI update releases to the field for new feature improvements and fixes
- Manage and support issue ticketing closure for controls related field issues
- Act as a subject matter expert for SCADA in New or Merger/Acquisition project contractual reviews
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of SCADA design and implementation experience and minimum BS degree in associated field
- Experience in HMI/UX design (experience in renewables preferred)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Experience with Inductive Automation Ignition (preferred)
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols DNP3.0, Modbus, OPC-UA, BACnet
- Programming language experience Structured Text (IEC 61131-3), Python, C, C++
- Experience in server deployment and management
- Experience in database deployment and management (MySQL, MS SQL)
- Experience with hypervisor and or containerized server deployment
- Familiar with Agile work practices
- Knowledge of NERC CIP cybersecurity standards and practices (preferred)
- Basic understanding of AC Power (preferred)
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.