Title: Substation and T&D Engineer
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Construction
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: April 21st, 2022
Location: Houston, TX or Albany, NY
Key Capture Energy is seeking a Substation and T&D Engineer that will be responsible for all AC technical and design work to deliver constructible and financeable Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and hybrid projects across the U.S. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in a broad range of electrical engineering applications, have experience in the energy sector, and be able to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Prepare EPC scope of work: layout drawings, single line diagrams, technical specifications for procurement, tender evaluation, sizing reports, electrical calculations.
- Initiate, review, and approve the work of consultants on BESS projects – 30/60/90/IFC, commissioning.
- Assist in management of equipment supply contracts for batteries, inverters, transformers, and other long lead time electrical equipment.
- Collaborate with Commercial team in preparation and coordination of proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the renewables industry. Keep organization informed on upcoming changes, and how to factor them into our proposals and contracts.
- Evaluation of batteries, inverters, transformers, and other equipment used in BESS / hybrid systems. Attend in-person and virtual factory acceptance tests as required.
- Estimate, with support from construction team, the costs related to the construction of BESS / hybrid systems.
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder.
- Support construction team and contractors during BESS / hybrid system construction.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 years’ experience in design of medium voltage (MV) electrical systems. HV and LV experience a plus.
- Background in distribution system regulations and design. Transmission experience a plus.
- Knowledge of IEEE/ANSI standards of substations and major equipment.
- Understanding of different substation and collector system topologies required.
- Must be available for domestic travel for meetings and for on-site support.
- Should be eager to learn and motivated by creating a more resilient and cleaner grid.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.