Title: Development Intern
Reports to: Manager, Development
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: January 5th, 2021
Location: Albany, NY, Houston, TX, or Remote
Purpose of this position is to assist with Key Capture Energy’s goals and objectives for the development of Battery Energy Storage Systems in various markets. Candidate should be capable of prioritizing and effectively managing their time, working independently and communicating deliverables in an effective and timely manner. Expectations will be monitored based on development milestones and could span from greenfield prospecting to construction-ready activities in support of Key Capture Energy’s project execution objectives. Occasional in-state travel to project locations to meet with landowners, interconnection stakeholders, contractors, or local officials may be required and will be covered per Key Capture Energy internal policies.
- Project Development: activities may include landowner outreach, land acquisition and title review, project permitting, site studies, community relations and outreach, electrical interconnection, site engineering, project management and stakeholder coordination / reporting.
- Project Management: able to understand and contribute to the development steps of efficiently planning and executing the project objective, including but not limited to: project budgeting, activity scheduling, coordinating and participating in internal meetings and providing support as needed.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Projects) as well as cloud-based platforms (SharePoint, OneDrive).
- Project management experience including scoping projects, estimating costs, and creating schedule and budgets using project management software.
- Interest in renewable energy, grid/utility-scale energy storage, or power markets.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and commercial issues, or willingness to learn.
- Willingness to ask questions, provide suggestions and challenge the status quo.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.