Job Title: Transmission and Systems Analyst
Department: Market Operations
Reports to: Director, Market Operations and Strategy
Direct Reports: 0
Date Posted: 11/30/2022
Location: Houston/Salt Lake City/New York City/Albany/Remote
Travel: 1x/quarter Houston/Albany
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE OF POSITION
(The incumbent may be asked to fulfill other responsibilities)
Run studies using AC power flow modeling software and DC Production Cost modeling software to optimize KCE development portfolio with respect to interconnection costs. Manage analytical projects related to optimization and siting.
- Scope, run, and automate studies in PowerWorld in support of prospecting new BESS development projects
- Scope, run, and automate studies in Dayzer (production cost model) to support broad market theses, commercial opportunities such as RFPs and RFIs, as well as short term price forecasting efforts
- Produce internal memos on costs and upgrades associated with existing development projects
- Prospect new green and brownfield standalone and solar + storage development projects across relevant geographic areas
- Plan and execute analytical projects supporting portfolio optimization
KCE is looking for an enthusiastic junior engineer to join our growing transmission team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Experience in SQL and python preferred
- Eagerness to work on small team in a dynamic work environment
- Comfortable working with remote teammates
Apply for this position
Please ensure that all file attachments are in PDF format. You can also send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the job title in the subject of the email.